Kootenay Faith Fest 2019
It’s June! As spring turns to summer across our Pacific Mountain Regional Council, the planning team of the Kootenay Faith Fest are ready to welcome you, their Siblings in Christ! From nearby or far away, there is still time to join the Festival, and travel bursaries are available.
At Kootenay Faith Fest 2019…
Keynote Speaker Rev. Carol Howard Merritt travels north from Chattanooga, Tennessee – inviting us into creative, reflective conversation, re-imagining and healing in our progressive, multi-generational Christian contexts. Kootenay Faith Fest planning team member and Castlegar United minister Rev Greg Powell interviewed Carol this week, in anticipation of her time with us at the festival.
The Gifts of Kootenay Faith Fest Time
- Diverse Workshop Leaders offer sessions to engage our body, mind and spirit.
- Youth meet together in age-specific program and community.
- Keynote Carol Howard Merrit
- Special time is reserved for now-and-future Cluster Building across the ministry areas.
- Freedom for visiting, adventuring, and being with one another is held in the spaces between.
The Kootenay Faith Fest 2019 is for all United Church people – whether in leadership, membership or beyond. Youth are encouraged to come too! There’s a fabulous Youth Ministry program in the Festival.
- Individual registration is $50.
- Whole Group Rate is $325. A whole group is 7-12 people from the same faith community.
- If you’re coming with a group that hasn’t been confirmed yet, don’t worry – register yourself and the KFF organizers will work with Brenda Wolff to adjust your whole group registration fees.
- Accommodation and travel is self-directed and self-paid. There are some billeting homes available and travel bursaries. We’re happy to help you get to Kootenay Faith Fest if you need it! Contact Brenda Wolff in the Region Office for more information.
Check Out Our Saturday Workshops!
(Click to enlarge)
Kootenay Faith Fest 2019 is a LeaderShift Event with Nelson United Church and the former Kootenay Presbytery. We acknowledge, with respect, the traditional territories of the Sinixt and Ktunaxa people on which this event is a guest.